In accordance with the Pacifica School District (PSD), Spindrift School’s main location will be lifting its indoor mask mandate and will be moving to follow the CDPH Guidance of “strongly recommending that students, staff and others continue to mask indoors.”
Thus, as of Monday, March 28th, masking within our Spindrift School location, 1053 Crespi Dr., will be optional. Please note, both forms of attendance will be accepted whole-heartedly; when it comes to each individual’s choice regarding masking, Spindrift School will not tolerate bullying, taunting or harassment of any kind.
A few addendums:
- Classes taught at our outreach locations will continue to follow whatever protocols are in place at each individual location.
- Private lessons will be left up to the discretion and comfort level of each individual instructor; please discuss masking options with your private instructor at your next lesson.
We realize that for many students, this transition will be jarring; pasted below, you’ll find a collection of helpful resources that may assist you/your student in preparing for this change.
Resources for Preparing your Student for a Mask Optional Classroom:
- Changing COVID-19 Guidance in Schools & Mental Health/Actualizando La Guía de COVID-19 En Las Escuelas y La Salud Mental
- Tips on Talking to Kids on Mask Mandates Being Lifted in Schools
- Changing How We Talk to Kids About Wearing Masks During COVID-19
- Video: How Can Parents Help Their Kids Prepare For Going Back To School Without Masks?
OUR REVISED COVID POLICIES FOR IN-PERSON CLASSES
- Class sizes will allow for 3ft of social distance between students and instructors
- With the exception of Mommy & Me classes, parents/additional guests will not be permitted in the classroom
- High touch surfaces will be sanitized regularly/after every class
- Air purifiers and proper ventilation will be employed at all times
- Hand sanitizer will be available in every classroom
- If a student is feeling unwell or displaying symptoms indicative of infection, DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO ANY CLASS OR LESSON.
- If a student begins displaying symptoms during class, he/she will be isolated from the rest of the class and his/her parents/guardians will be asked to pick up said student as soon as possible
IN CASE OF EXPOSURE OUTSIDE OF SPINDRIFT
Vaccinated, asymptomatic students & instructors who discover themselves to have been a close contact (defined by the CDC as “someone who has been near a person with COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes when health and safety measures were not in place or were insufficient”) may continue attending class, but must immediately present proof of vaccination, followed by a negative COVID test result 3-5 days after exposure. Unvaccinated close contacts may not return to class or enter the facility for 10 days following exposure, or until they are able to present a negative COVID test result 3-5 days after exposure; both at-home and PCR results will be accepted.
IN CASE OF EXPOSURE WITHIN SPINDRIFT
Families will be notified immediately if their child has been in direct contact with an infected individual; the space will be thoroughly sanitized and the infected individual will not be permitted to return to class unless he/she has been symptom-free for 5 days and can present a negative COVID test result; only PCR tests will be accepted.
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY
Should an instructor suspect infection or exposure, SSPA will do its best to find a substitute, but reserves the right to cancel classes if no suitable and healthy alternatives are available. We will do our best to provide make-ups for any classes missed due to instructor illness, but also reserve the right to simply refund families for the amount of classes missed should rescheduling prove to be impossible.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we do our best to keep our community healthy and safe.